Unscented Soap - Gentle, All Butter Soap
Unscented, gentle, kind. Our unscented soap is made with pure shea butter and olive oil to restore and replenish sensitive hands. This natural unperfumed soap is made with high quality ingredients - including nourishing oils and natural butters to produce a hard, long lasting soap.
Each cold process unscented soap is made by hand by us before leaving to cure for at least 6 weeks. The result is a long lasting, but extremely moisturising soap that is kind and gentle on skin.
The process of soap making naturally produces glycerin in every bar, which is often removed in large commercial settings. We keep the goodness in! Glycerin is an important added extra to any soap as it provides skin protecting and restorative properties.
- 100g square soap bar, perfectly sized for hands.
- 100% plant based. Vegan.
- Wrapped in recyclable packaging.
- Available as a standalone product or add to our Hand Balm & Nail Pumice Duo to enjoy £1.50 saving! Use 'Gentle Soap' at the checkout with this bar.
- Hand made by us in Kent in small batches.
- Long lasting soap - we use this natural soap ourselves. In our house (two adults, two kids and a mucky dog!) one bar of this gentle, unscented soap lasts approximately 2 months in a bathroom or cloakroom.
What is so special about unperfumed soap that has been made 'cold process'?
The idea of 'unperfumed' or 'unscented' soap suggests that ingredients have been removed. That isn't the case with our gentle, unscented soap. The recipe is based on traditional french soap - rich in olive oil and in our case, shea butter in order to cleanse the skin but also nourish it - a soap that leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturised, as well as perfectly clean, by design. In fact it is so nourishing that we were recently recently asked 'is it as effective at cleaning as 'normal soap?' - yes it is! This prompted Liz to quickly put pen to paper, or rather to blog post to write about the benefits of cold process soap. Soap should of course remove dirt and grime from the skin. But it can do so much more. Our ancient forebears knew of the sheer joy of cleansing the skin with a soap that can repair and restore the skin. This gentle, unperfumed soap honours that tradition and offers a rich, nourishing alternative to commercial, high street soap.